Note: this is intended for core committers.
- Update CHANGES.md with everything interesting since the last update.
- Update version numbers using the three-part x.y.z notation everywhere:
- The header in CHANGES.md (this is where the site looks for the latest version number)
"version"attribute in package.json
- Two places in docs/conf.py (
- Commit the version changes and tag the commit with the plain version number (no “v.” or anything like that)
- Push the commit and the tags to master (
git push && git push --tags)
Pushing the tag triggers the update process which can be monitored at http://highlightjs.org/api/release/
When something didn’t work and it’s fixable in code (version numbers mismatch, last minute patches, etc), simply make another release incrementing the third (revision) part of the version number.